Campaign of the Month: April 2011
Planejammer: The Spelljoined
Stray Manor Basement
1. Kitchen: This large red tiled room has ample workspace, with steel tables, stoves & a brick oven.
a. Chef’s Office: A quiet place for the chef to plan menus and research new and exciting foods. There is a desk with a chair and a shelf with a few books on the culinary arts and some regional cuisines.
b. Dry Storage: This space has organized shelving holding a variety of dried food items, from grain & flours to dried fruits and oils.
2. Meat Locker: Storage space with a permanent wall of ice. This one contains various meats and cheeses.
3. Cold Storage: Like its neighbor, this storage room has a permanent wall of ice. This cooler contains fresh fruits, vegetables and dairy products.
4. Liquor Storage: With their penchant for fine spirits, this room is locked (DC 25), but not trapped (surprisingly). It contains cases of liquors from around the multiverse and planes.
5. Wine Cellar: A few hundred cases and partial case of wines from nearly everywhere that makes it, are stored here.
6. Healer’s Room: Three large, stained slabs of granite serve as work tables for the healer and her assistant in this room. The east wall is completely shelved and holds herbs, salves, potions, apothecary ingredients and implements, all used in the medical arts. A desk sits at the entrance to the room for initial consultation. Behind and around the desk are writings on anatomy, herbalism & healing methods.
7. Healer’s Quarters: A finely appointed, quiet space for the resident healer to live. It has a reading area, comfortable bed and a chest of drawers.
8. Dwarf’s Enclave: This space is home to Dugan’s followers and assistants. The rooms are relatively Spartan, but in very good condition. The light levels in this area are some of the lowest in the manor. No one visits these quarters without an invitation.
9. Chef’s Quarters: Like most all of the higher ranking household staff, these quarters are of high, but not luxurious, quality. In this room are a sitting area with 2 armchairs, an armoire, 2 chests of drawers & a feather bed.
10. Forge: Dugan’s workspace. Workbenches line the walls, which are covered in tools. The center forge is surrounded by anvils and tables holding a constantly rotating list of projects. The forge fire is attached to a large set of bellows, but they are rarely used since the heat source is a small opening to the elemental plane of fire.
11. Beer Cellar: While some brews from various places have a home in this room, most of the space is dedicated to aging and storing the beers & ales made in the brewery 20 feet away.
12. Alchemy Lab: This room, lined with shelves holding a multitude of elements, ingredients and compounds, is used for the creation of alchemical concoctions and items. There are 2 massive tables holding a constantly bubbling series of tubes, decanters, beakers & jars and a single table at the north end of the room for special projects. There is a secret door (DC 35 to find) in the south wall.
13. Brewery: Grains, malts and dried spices fill the air in this room with the warm smell of community (the hops & yeasts are in #3 cold storage). There is a large burner for making wort and a low table for working.
14. Kaolin’s Personal Lab: This secret room is for Kaolin’s research. The ingredients and concoctions found in here are esoteric and frightening.
15. Ozzy’s Mud Pit: Insisted upon by one of the original Seven Stars, this 4 foot deep (at the center) pool of warm, smooth mud is used by many in the house as a place of relaxation and reflection.
16. Staff Dining Room: While not as detailed in plating as that served in the banquet room on the main floor, this communal room serves the same fare as what the owners eat.
17. Laundry & Well: This room smells of soap and linen. 2 vats sit at the back of the room; one connected to the elemental plane of water serves as the household supply, the other is the wash basin for all the laundered items of the house. Clothes lines on the east and west walls are always full of clean, drying items.
18. Staff Lounge: This space is specifically for the lower ranking staff members and guards. There are 4 cabinets in the room, one with gaming materials, one with reading materials, one is a bar, the last acts as a catch-all for whatever the staff are currently interested in. The owners and higher ranking staff all try to respect the sanctity of the space and don’t enter, unless invited or in an emergency.
19. Household Staff Quarters: Almost identical to the guard’s quarters on the main floor, these are the rooms housing: the healer’s assistant, 2 cooks, an alchemist, a housekeeper, the brewer and a steward.
20. Storage: This well-organized space holds the needed items of the manor, not in current use. Including, but not limited to: banquet equipment, linens, extra chairs & tables.